- Babiole 2018
- Grenache, Syrah
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Spicy, Vibrant
- Fragrantly funky, spicy reds are a natural match with uncomplicated fare.
- Serve with savory stews or hearty soups,
- roasted poultry or stuffed game birds
- and grilled meats or zesty sausages.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, black fruits, brambly, earthy
- With clothes torn from wear (or possible indifference), former (defector?) Czech soldier, Andrea Calek, was also a wanderer; a solely Eastern European amalgam of punk and retro-hippiedom. A disciple of Beaujolais' Gang of Four, Calek produces wines from a few acres in the Ardèche with little to no intervention of sulfur. They are blatantly organic and totally unfiltered. On the natural circuit, he's a rock god.
Write Your Own Review