Chateau Le Rey
- Côtes de Bordeaux Castillon 2010
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair a supple Côte de Castillon with flavorful meat dishes and savory stews.
- Great with roasted chicken, duck or game hen.
- Match with meatballs, meatloaf or meat pies.
- Eggplant and spinach lasagna too.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, black currant, cherry
- Located east of the Dordogne, and about 4 kliks from Castillon la Bastaille, site of the last battle of the Hundred Years War, Chateau La Rey has been under the ownership of (confusingly) Philippe le Roy and family since 2006. The estate's vineyards average 30-40 years of age, and are in the process of being converted to organic agriculture.
Write Your Own Review