- Haut-Medoc 2011
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot...
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match classically-styled Bordeaux with toothsome favorites.
- Redundancy advocates will go with entrecôte a la Bordelaise,
- Wine bloggers will opt for grilled lamb riblets
- or roasted wood duck.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, leather , red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, blackberry, black cherry, licorice
- Classic Haut-Medoc, with Cabernet Sauvignon dominating, Merlot supporting and both Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc rounding out the blend, Chateau Martin's 2011 offering, from what was one of Bordeaux's most upside-down growing seasons ( first hot-dry, then cool-wet, finally hot-dry again), matured around 8 months in barrel, 30% of which was new oak. Traditional, balanced and true.
Write Your Own Review