- Chardonnay 2015
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match a full-flavored Chardonnay with richly balanced fish and poultry dishes.
- Pair with a lemony chicken Milanese,
- skate with brown butter and capers
- or a yogurt and dill-sauced salmon filet.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, honeysuckle
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, stone fruits, green apple, hazelnut
- Founded in 1882 by Alfred Tubbs, who planted vineyards and constructed the gothic-styled, stone walled castle that defines the estate, Chateau Montelena (a contraction of Mount Saint Helena, at whose base the winery is located) passed into the hands of Yort Wing Frank in the 1950's and finally to the Barrett family. The historic 1976 Judgement of Paris put them on the international map. Napa royalty.
Write Your Own Review