- Le Petit Clos 2018
- Carmenere, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot...
- Chile > Colchagua Valley
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Hearty
- Pair a big-boned, but supple Carmenere blend with well-seasoned, meaty meals.
- A full-on crown roast of veal,
- coffee and stout-braised short ribs
- or garlic-rosemary lamb chops on a smoky grill would all fly the flag.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Intense, developing, oak, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, raspberry, white pepper, earthy
- Founded in 1994 by Alexandra Marnier-Lapostolle (yes, of Grand Marnier) along with her husband, Cyril de Bournet, with the discovery of some prime pre-phylloxera vineyards in Chile's Colchagua Valley planted to Carmenere and Cabernet Sauvignon. Clos Apalta was first released in 1997, achieving almost instantaneous icon status. The Apalta vineyards were awarded their own DO status in 2018.
Write Your Own Review