- Madeira 10 Year Old Bual
- Portugal > Madeira
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Aged Madeira loves dried fruits and salty nuts.
- A bowl of each will do.
- Keep it simple and let the wine be the star.
- Or, get all sybaritic on it and pair with pâté de foie gras and Stilton, you hedonistic hellion!
Nose: Intense, mature, nutty, toffee, vanilla
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, orange blossoms, prune, hazelnut
- Heat, oxidation and long aging combine to give Madeira its distinctively rich, singular flavor. Common (and positive) descriptors include: rubber, burning rubber, petroleum, citrus peel, not to mention, of course, searingly high acidity. So why do you want to drink this? Because the culmination of all these horrors is an amazingly intense, delicious and historical drinking experience that is unlike any other.
Write Your Own Review