- Rainwater Madeira NV
- Tinta Negra Mole
- Portugal > Madeira
- White, Touch Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- A semi-dry Madeira complements both sweet and savory dishes.
- Go for a date, goat cheese and black olive tart
- a slice of Junior's cheesecake
- or party like Delmonico's, circa 1850, and pair with terrapin soup.
Nose: Intense, mature, dried fruit, nutty, salty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, cooking spices, citrus fruits, caramel
- Everyone is in agreement about the style of Rainwater Madeira. It's lighter than it's cask mates and a touch less sweet. As for why it's called what it's called, there are many stories. One refers to the fresher (after the rain) style. Another points to the treacherous, hillside vineyards that received rain as their only nourishment. A third involves a watered-down cask left on a beach overnight during a downpour.
Write Your Own Review