- Napa Valley Red 2014
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match pedigreed Napa reds with strong, uncomplicated flavors.
- Go for pot roast with mushroom gravy,
- pan-roasted duck breast with a blackberry reduction
- or cheddar toasts with onions and red peppers.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, forest floor, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, plum, black currant, herbaceous
- Faced with low Cabernet yields during the 2014 harvest, Covenant sourced extra Merlot and Petit Verdot from the vineyards of partner Leslie Rudd's estate, re-jiggered the amount of Cabernet to 57% and christened, sorry, renamed their flagship Cabernet as Napa Valley Red. Native yeast fermented, it spent 18 months in 50% new French oak, and was bottled unfiltered, unfined. KOSHER
Write Your Own Review