Domaine Michel Lafarge
- Volnay 2017
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Vibrant
- Pair pedigreed Burgundies with roasted birds and creamy cheeses.
- Start with coarse country paté and grainy mustard,
- then magret de canard aux fruits rouge.
- Finish with a ceramic pot of Sant-Marcellin.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, strawberry, cherry, mineral
- With over half of their production, as well their home base, in the tiny village of Volnay, the Lafarge name has become synonymous with the appellation. It was Michel Lafarge who guided the generations old winery through their most thorough expansion, adding prime parcels as they became available, and son Frederic who moved their philosophy to biodynamics, spontaneous fermentation and eschewing filtration.
Write Your Own Review