Domaine Michel Lafarge
- Volnay Vendages Selectionées 2011
- Pinot Noir
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Compliment the floral minerality and finesse of a Volnay with classic roasts and poultry dishes.
- Try magret de canard aux échalotes,
- prune-stuffed pork loin
- or poulet de Bresse rôti aux beurre d'herbes.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, black cherry, earthy
- With over half of their production, as well their home base, in the tiny village of Volnay, the Lafarge name has become synonymous with the appellation. It was Michel Lafarge who guided the generations old winery through their most thorough expansion, adding prime parcels as they became available, and son Frederic who moved their philosophy to biodynamics. Classic, and precise.
Write Your Own Review