Domaine Simon Bize
- Bourgogne Blanc les Perrieres 2009
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Citrus and stone, generous but crisp. Pair complex wines with richly textured, but uncomplicated flavors.
- Try fettuccine tossed in a Meyer lemon cream sauce,
- truffled lobster
- or a wedge of ripe bel paese.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, wild flowers, citrus fruits, pear
- As produced for Patrick Bize by winemaker Guillaume Bott (ex-Sauzet), the estate's 2008 les Perrieres is composed of fruit from 4 acres of vineyards near Savigny les Beaune planted,nearly 50 years ago. This is not generic white Burgundy. Perrieres may refer to this being a (stone) walled vineyard long ago or maybe it reflects the wine's inherent minerality. Either way, it's a treat.
Write Your Own Review