Domaine Vocoret & Fils
- Chablis Les Forets 2012
- France > Burgundy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Lean
- Oh, Chablis. One wine, so many pairings.
- Oysters, lobster and monkfish,
- smoked trout, escargots a la bourguignonne, roasted branzino,
- tangy goat cheese tarts and a gamey-grainy andouillette.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, flint, green apple, herbaceous
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lemon, pear, wet stones
- Located southwest of the village of Chablis, on the left bank, within the Montmains region, lies the Premier Cru vineyard of Les Fôrets. Planted to shallow and stony Kimmeridgian soil, the Vocoret family, four generations in, tends a small plot; just a fraction of their over 100 acres spread across the breadth of Chablis. They mature their Premier Crus in large oak foudres.
Write Your Own Review