Domaine des Escaravailles
- Côtes du Rhône Les Sablières 2014
- Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Total team players, match Rhône reds with bistro fare and comfort meals.
- Perfect with steak frites or roast chicken,
- and a good friend to grilled tuna.
- Classic with cassoulet and a top pair with pizza pie.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, blackberry, licorice
- Escaravailles means scarab, or beetle, in Occitan, the language of Provinçal France. It's also what they called the black-clad Catholic monks of the southern Rhône. So, that's what Jean-Louis Ferran named his domaine in 1953. His grandson, Gilles, grabbed the reigns in 1999, after finishing 1st in his class from the U. of Montpellier's oenology school. His buddy Philippe Cambie was #2.
Write Your Own Review