- Chardonnay 2011
- New Zealand > Marlborough
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A richly complex Chardonnay lifts and compliments all the flavors at your table.
- Try butternut squash ravioli in brown butter and sage,
- chicken in a taragon cream
- or baked brie with caramelized onions.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, intense, long finish, citrus fruits, butter, brioche
- Pronounced "greywacky", in reference to the sandstone and high clay content, stony soil that exists around New Zealand, Kevin Judd (long-time Cloudy Bay winemaker) sources southern Marlborough fruit, presses whole bunches, uses natural yeasts and barrel ferments the Chardonnay that bears the Graywacke winery name. It's distinctive, full-flavored and seductive. Must try.
Write Your Own Review