- Cabernet Sauvignon Trailside Vineyard 2009
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Pair big Napa Cabernets with roasted game or beef.
- Think filet mignon drizzled with a Port reduction,
- medallions of venison
- or a short rib-stuffed Wagyu burger smothered in aged Irish cheddar.
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, cedar, chocolate, dried fruit
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black currant, coffee
- Founded by Joe and Alice Heitz in 1961, their eponymous winery is one of the handful that put Napa on the map. Now helmed by daughter Kathleen, with brother David continuing his nearly 4 decades of winemaking duties, the Heitz empire encompasses 1000 acres, with nearly 400 under (organically-farmed) vine, in some of Napa's most prized real estate. A legendary Cabernet.
Write Your Own Review