Hijos de Rainera Perez Marin
- La Guita Manzanilla NV
- Palomino Fino
- Spain > Andalucia
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Pop a bottle of Manzanilla in the fridge, then head straight to the fish market.
- Grab a bunch of oysters, smoked mussels,
- anchovies and octopus salad.
- Bring out the almonds, olives and cheeses. Then eat.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, olives, wild flowers, yeasty
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, intense, long finish, orchard fruit, salty, almond
- Coming from either old Andalucian slang for cash (apparently Hijos de Rainera Perez Marin's founder demanded payment for his wares before fulfillment) or colloquial Spanish for string (as in guitar), La Guita indeed boasts a string around its bottle neck to drive the point home. Aged under a flor in American oak barrels for nearly 5 years, this prototypical Manzanilla fills the room with sea spray and chamomile.
Write Your Own Review