J. J. Prüm
- Riesling Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Spätlese 2007
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Touch Sweet, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- A superstar at the table, match a honeyed, mineral-rich Mosel Spätlese with rich, fruity or spicy dishes.
- Pair with razor clams in black bean sauce,
- apricot-glazed baked ham
- or a Thai green curry.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Intense, developing, floral, petroleum, slate
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, lime, stone fruits, honey
- Rising dramatically above the Mosel river, the two Sonnenuhr (sundial) vineyards, Zeltinger and Wehlener are among the top sites in the Middle-Mosel and also some of the northernmost grape growing areas in the world. Their calling card is soil rich in blue Devoinian slate and mostly un-grafted old vines. As usual, the Prüm's offerings are archetypal: stony, floral and astonishing.
Write Your Own Review