- Champagne Brut 2002
- Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier
- France > Champagne
- Bubbly White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Muscular
- Elegant, layered and ceaselessly toasty, Krug elevates a special event into an extraordinary one.
- Absolute perfection on its own,
- but bold enough for roasted oysters
- and seared duck breast with figs.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, brioche, honeysuckle, orange blossoms
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, intense, long finish, smoky, lemon, red apple
- The 2002 vintage, released after the 2003 (like '88 after '89) was a perfect storm for Krug. Warm growing season, rain at opportune times. Through his "art of assemblage", Chef de Cave, Eric Lebel, has achieved a bottling to stand next to 1996 and 1990 as the exclamation points of the last 30 years. Vibrant, intense, nervy, intellectual, beautifully balanced and stunningly elegant.
Write Your Own Review