- Verdicchio di Matelica 2021
- Italy > Marche
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match a richly textured Verdicchio with full-flavored fish dishes and of-the-season vegetables.
- Pappardelle with zucchini and mint-parsley pesto,
- tuna tartare
- or sea bass with artichoke caponata.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, honeysuckle, mineral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, stone fruits, almond
- Located in the commune of Matelica (in Marche, not SF like those Master of Puppets-rockers,) La Monacesca was founded in 1966 and first produced wines from its newly planted vineyards in 1973. The grapes for their flagship Verdicchio are hand-harvested, lightly pressed without SO2 treatment and rest on their lees in steel tanks until spring. The finished wine is released one year after harvest.
Write Your Own Review