- Marsala Superiore Dolce NV
- Grillo, Catarratto, Inzolia
- Italy > Sicily
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- For sweets, savories or digestif, Marsala is always the right flavor.
- Indispensable in tiramisu or zabaglione,
- eponymous with veal or chicken
- and ideal after dinner with almonds and aged pecorino.
Nose: Intense, mature, dried fruit, nutty, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, medium sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, fig, hazelnut, caramel
- In 1770, John Woodhouse's British merchant ship was forced to take shelter in the port of Marsala. Sampling the local wine, he noticed its similarity to the Ports and Sherries that the English favored. Ever the opportunist, he brought the fortified wine back home and an industry was born. Pellegrino's sweet offering is fortified with distilled Marsala wine and aged for a year in oak barrels.
Write Your Own Review