- Marsala Superiore Secco NV
- Grillo, Catarratto, Inzolia
- Italy > Sicily
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy,
- For sweets, savories or digestif, Marsala is always the right flavor.
- Indispensable in tiramisu or zabaglione,
- eponymous with veal or chicken
- and ideal after dinner with almonds and aged pecorino.
Nose: Intense, mature, dried fruit, nutty, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, high acidity, light tannin, intense, medium-long finish, apricot, hazelnut, toasty
- In 1770, John Woodhouse's British merchant ship was forced to take shelter in the port of Marsala. Sampling the local wine, he noticed its similarity to the Ports and Sherries that the English favored. Ever the opportunist, he brought the fortified wine back home and an industry was born. Pellegrino's dry offering is aged for two years in older French oak barrels before fortification and bottling.
Write Your Own Review