- Zweigelt 2013
- Austria > Burgenland
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Serve supple Austrian reds with straightforward flavors.
- Try roasted game birds and grilled vegetables,
- jägerschnitzel with mushroom gravy
- or cured and smoked meats; from pork to pastrami.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish,
- Settled since the iron age, nearly 3000 years ago, the area that is now Burgenland was the Austrian epicenter for sweet and luscious white wines until a couple of decades ago. Now the reds are the stars. Managed by Rosi Schuster with son Hannes helming the winemaking duties, this 9 hectare estate produces wines that are, "... straight up and without unnecessary decoration..."
Write Your Own Review