Weingut Familie Rauen
- Riesling Spâtlese Halbtrocken Grauschiefer 2015
- > Mosel
- White, Touch Sweet, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Ripe, off-dry Rieslings compliment both well-spiced and creamy-sauced recipes.
- Enjoy with chicken korma,
- Brussels sprouts with bacon, green beans and pears
- or a dill-sauced salmon filet.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, honeysuckle, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, off-dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lime, apricot, flint
- Weingut Famile Rauen has a 4 generation lineage as grape growers and winemakers in the Mosel. When Harald Rauen took the reins from his father in 1983, the first thing he did with their vineyards, planted to the slate-rich soils of Detzem and Thörnich, was to reduce the yields and to to concentrate on quality instead of bulk. The result: classically clean and elegant Rieslings.
Write Your Own Review