Weingut Maria Longen
- Riesling Spatlese Thörnicher R. Alte Reben 2009
- Germany > Mosel
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match ripe and complex old-vine spatlese with rich and exotically-spiced fish, poultry and white meats.
- Superb with lobster Cantonese,
- coquille St. jacques
- or an apple-stuffed crown roast of pork.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, slate, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, medium-long finish, peach, honey, mineral
- Weingut Josef Longen is now under his daughter Maria's name and it is her husband, Harald Rauen (of equal Mosel fame), who helms the winemaking duties. Sourcing ancient-vine fruit from the slate-rich Thornicher Ritsch vineyard, farming organically and using natural yeast and only a gentle pressing, the Longen/Rauen Alte Reben gushes layer upon layer of ripe Riesling righteousness.
Write Your Own Review