- Fleur de Chardonnay 2018
- France > Ain
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- A balance of fruit, zest and minerality, Bugey Chardonnay matches up to everything from roasted to creamy.
- Pair with panko-crusted cod,
- garlic and citrus chicken
- or veal in a lemon cream sauce.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lemon, pear, mineral
- Bordering the Rhône, between Jura and the Savoie, about halfway between Lyon and Geneva, the Bugey wine region covers only about 500 hectares and counts Rousette, Mondeuse and a Mèhode Ancestral sparkling wine as its calling cards. Yves Duport's Chardonnay is harvested from nearly 50 year old, organically-farmed vines planted in clay and limestone soil.
Write Your Own Review