- Riesling Idig Grosses Gewachs 2013
- Germany > Pfalz
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Riesling pairs well with virtually anything you can think of.
- Match with a cassoulet of white beans, braised pork and duck confit,
- snapper with charred tomatillos
- or creamy baked asiago chicken.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-Light Intensity, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, quince, lemon, lime, mineral
- Founded by a couple of cousins in 1845, it wasn't until 1894 when Henriette Häusser married Eduard Christmann that the latter name took over the former as the estate's moniker. the "A" was added subsequently by their son, Arnould. Organic for decades and biodynamic since 2004, the soil for their saline-rich Idig GG is, unusual for the region, a mixture of marl and limestone.
Write Your Own Review