- Negroamaro 2018
- Italy > Puglia
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Pair hearty southern Italian blends with robust flavors and spices.
- Try with orecchiette in a rabbit ragú,
- savory pot roast
- or grilled zampitti; sausages flavored with grated Pecorino and fennel seeds.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, black cherry, strawberry jam, herbaceous
- Founded in the late 1990's by Californian, Mark Shannon, an ex-winemaker-for-hire (Bogle, etc.) and his future wife, Elvezia Sbalchiero, a Friulian in the wine business, A Mano (By Hand) harvests the fruit for their Negroamaro from 30-60 year old, trellised and dry-farmed vines planted in sandy soil. The grapes are fermented with native yeasts and the wine is matured in cement tanks until bottling.
Write Your Own Review