- St. Joseph 2015
- France > Rhone
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Lean
- Match a smoky, lean and mineral-lrich Syrah with roasted beasts and gamey flavors.
- Pair with a lamb-filled shepherd's pie,
- pasta with a wild boar ragu
- or pan-seared venison filets wrapped in bacon.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, floral, black cherry, mineral
- Born and raised in the Northern Rhône, Alain Graillot first studied in Burgundy before returning home and establishing his domaine in the mid-80's. Known almost exclusively for Crozes-Hermitage, Graillot and son, Maxime (in charge since 2008), organically farm a 4 acre plot in St. Joseph, employing whole-cluster fermentation and aging in used Burgundy barrels. A must have.
Write Your Own Review