- Syrah Patrina 2013
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Pair full-tilt Syrahs with roasted, grilled or long-cooked meats.
- Serve with a succulently braised shoulder of lamb,
- a super-juicy gorgonzola burger
- or smoky Texas-style beef brisket.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, creme de cassis, meat, raspberry
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, blackberry, black currant, licorice
- Patrina is Gypsy-speak for grass or leaves. Gypsies would mark secret trails by piling up the "patrin." John Alban is marking his trails too, blending his bricolage of vineyards and soil types (Reva, Lorraine, etc.) into a single, sensational assemblage. An original Rhône Ranger, Alban continues to expand the boundaries of California Syrah. Snatch some up while you can.
Write Your Own Review