- Syrah Reva 2012
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Spicy, Muscular
- Pair 5 star wines with 5 star meals.
- Serve with a crown roast of veal,
- a saddle of lamb stuffed with chanterelles, pine nuts and swiss chard
- or braised short rib sliders with bleu cheese slaw.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Intense, youthful, black pepper, creme de cassis, earthy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, endless finish, blackberry, licorice, tar
- The original Rhone Ranger, John Alban set out to change the California wine landscape in 1989 when he established Alban vineyards, the first winery in the US specializing in Rhone varieties. Every vintage of Reva has been an across-the-board critic's fave. His 2006 release scored a perfect 100 points from The Wine Advocate. Hurry up, Reva always disappears quickly.
Write Your Own Review