- Viognier 2016
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- An aromatic wine that can handle lively, full-flavored foods.
- Pair with lightly fried hors d'oeurves,
- and Asian-spiced fish dishes.
- Or steamed lobster with melted butter.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, peach
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, low-medium acidity, intense, long finish, lemon, apricot, honey
- The original Rhone Ranger, John Alban set out to change the California wine landscape. In 1989 he established Alban vineyards, the first winery in the U.S. specializing in Rhone varieties. Seemingly audacious at the time, his Viognier proves that it was ingenious. As Alban has said, "I almost single-handedly doubled the world's acreage of Viognier." We're glad he did.
Write Your Own Review