- Pedro Ximenez de Anada Sherry 2011
- Pedro Ximenez
- Spain > Andalucia
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- The best pairing for a 100 point wine is
- a corkscrew and a glass.
- Alvear's back label suggests making a spritzer with ice and soda.
- We can hear the collective gasp of grape nerds everywhere.
Nose: Intense, developing, chocolate, fig, honey
Mouth: Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, raisin, cinnamon, molasses
- Founded nearly 300 years ago, and now in the 8th generation of family ownership, Alvear is the oldest bodega in Andalusia, and a linchpin for the wines of Montilla-Moriles. Their Pedro Ximenez de Añada is produced from sun-dried grapes, lightly fortified, and aged for six months in large US oak barrels. So mind-blowingly luscious and hedonistically succulent, you may want to marry it.
Write Your Own Review