- Nero d'Avola 2014
- Nero d'Avola
- Italy > Sicily
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Fresh
- A foolproof pairing for multifarious Mediterranean classics.
- From caponata to lamb tagine,
- from a classic Neopolitan pizza to a Niçoise onion tart.
- Even Valencian paella. Experiment!
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, black cherry, brambly, plum
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, licorice, forest floor
- The Belice Valley, home to active thrust tectonics (location of a severe earthquake in 1968), the archaeological site Selinunte and phenomenal olive oil, is also the source of this eminently quaffable Nero d’Avola. With a history of grape growing that dates back a couple millennia, indulge in the ultimate marriage of ancient civilization and hedonistic pursuits.
Write Your Own Review