- Fleurie l'Alchimiste 2018
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- A vinous multitasker, pair a flexible Fleurie with your culinary creativity.
- Turkey and stuffing, butternut squash, seared tuna,
- steak tartare, steak frites,
- roast chicken, duck confit. You get the idea.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, floral, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, crushed stones, red plum, strawberry
- A bonafide Beaujolais rock star, Anne-Sophie Dubois honed her craft in the vineyards of Volnay and then settled into the tiny town of Fleurie to fully showcase it. Working with 40+ year old vines planted on granite slopes, she uses a wooden press, native yeasts and gravity feeds to cement vats and huge used barrels for fermentation and aging. No carbonic, no fining, no filtration. Just gorgeous Gamay.
Write Your Own Review