- Guado al Tasso 2008
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Special wines deserve special meals.
- Now's the time to wheel out the venison osso buco,
- roasted loin of lamb with tomatoes and polenta
- or an Umbrian lasagna with porcini and black truffles.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, coffee, red fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, plum, black cherry, chocolate
- Located less than 10 miles from the coast in the Maremma, Piero Antinori's mother inherited this storied 18th century estate in the 1930's. Their flagship, a prototypical Super-Tuscan if ever there was one, has been produced since 1990 and is mentioned in the same breath as neighboring Sassicaia and Ornellia, whose vineyards were both part of the original Guado al Tasso estate.
Write Your Own Review