- Tignanello 2015
- Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cab. Franc
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Dense
- Special wines deserve special meals.
- Now's the time to try venison osso buco,
- loin of lamb roasted with tomatoes and served over creamy polenta
- or an Umbrian lasagna with porcini and black truffles.
Nose: Intense, developing, cedar, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, blackberry, cherry, spicy
- Tignanello was not the first Super Tuscan, Sassicaia has that honor, but it's perhaps the most influential. Aging in barrique and eschewing white grapes for the power of Cabernet Sauvignon disqualified the Antinori's masterpiece for the Chianti DOC in 1970, instead assigning it, then lowly, IGT status,. But an allure was born. Ironically, recent laws would now qualify Tignanello as Chianti Classico DOCG. Intense and powerful.
Write Your Own Review