Antonio Lopes Ribeiro
- Maresia 16 Vinho Tinto NV
- Vinhāo, Borraçal, Loureiro
- Portugal > Vinho Verde
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Light-bodied, chillable reds go almost anywhere a brash white or orange wine goes.
- Serve some porco à Alentejana,
- chicken and chouriço jambalaya
- or Hometown's crazy-good lamb belly bahn mi.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, youthful, floral, red fruits, salty
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, slate, raspberry, strawberry
- Farmed organically since the early 90's and ECOCERT in 1997, Casa de Mouraz was the first biodynamic winery in the Dao. Antonio Lopes Ribeiro and Sara Dionisio, refugees from the Lisbon art world, formed their AlR project in 2006, looking beyond the Dao to Vinho Verde, the upper Douro and Alentejo. For Antonio's co-fermented Maresia 16, the grapes spend 5 hours on their skins before spontaneous fermentation.
Write Your Own Review