Au Bon Climat
- Chardonnay 2013
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Serve ripe, yet solidly balanced Chardonnays with rich, and richly-sauced dishes.
- Pair with lobster ravioli,
- veal scallopine in a lemon cream sauce
- or skate with brown butter.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, stone fruits, wild flowers
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, tropical fruits, mineral, brioche
- Pre-law in the mid-70's, a year abroad in Burgundy shifted the career focus for Jim Clendenen, the "Mind Behind" Au Bon Climat and one of the leading winemakers in not only the Santa Barbara style, but in Cal-Itals and this, his opulent, benchmark, well-defined, complex yet accessible Burgundian-styled Chardonnay. Awfully nice guy, as well.
Write Your Own Review