Au Bon Climat
- Chardonnay 2018
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Serve a ripe, yet solidly balanced Chardonnay with richly sauced dishes.
- Pair with lobster ravioli in a creamy parmesan-tomato sauce
- veal scallopini with lemon and capers
- or skate in brown butter.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, stone fruits, vanilla
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, pear, pineapple
- Pre-law in the mid-70's, a year abroad in Burgundy shifted the career focus for Jim Clendenen, the "Mind Behind" Au Bon Climat and one of the leading winemakers in not only the Santa Barbara style, but in Cal-Itals and this, his opulent, benchmark, well-defined, complex yet accessible Burgundian-styled Chardonnay. Awfully nice guy, as well.
Write Your Own Review