Au Bon Climat
- Pinot Noir 2016
- Pinot Noir
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Fresh
- Pair a bright, yet supple Pinot Noir with fleshy fish, roasted veggies or robust meats.
- Try portobellos with spinach and shaved Manchego,
- pepper-crusted tuna steaks
- or smoky Mexican pork kebabs.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cloves, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, strawberry, licorice
- Pre-law in the mid-70's, a year abroad in Burgundy shifted the career focus for Jim Clendenen, the "Mind Behind" Au Bon Climat and one of the leading winemakers in not only the Santa Barbara style, but in Cal-Itals and this, his brightly balanced, fresh, vibrant and undeniably delicious Pinot Noir; a blend of estate and contract fruit. Awfully nice guy, as well.
Write Your Own Review