Aureus de Sauternes
- Sauternes 2006
- Sémillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadelle
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Unbind your Gourmet Magazine collection and start browsing.
- Try baked pears with a Sauternes custard sauce,
- foie gras toasts with a Sauternes gelée
- or a sinful Stilton and Sauternes fondue.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, hazelnut, lemon, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, nutty, honey
- Bottled for and imported by "the Bordeaux discoverer" Yvon Mau, Aureus de Sauternes starts with three laborious, hand-picked passes through the vineyards; a careful harvest of the botrytis affected grapes. A slow, gentle press and long, cool fermentation precedes aging in both new and used French oak barrels. The wine is sensorial, sensuous and seductive.
Write Your Own Review