- Desiderio 2008
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Pair supple Merlot-based wines with flavorful meats and stews.
- Perfect with bistecca Fiorentina,
- slow-roasted duck legs
- or a hearty lamb and mushroom casserole.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, black fruits, oak, olives
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, plum, smoky, chocolate
- Now owned by the Belgium's Saverys family, Avignonesi's Tuscan history reaches back to the 14th century when the Papal seat moved back to Rome from Avignon. These "Avignonesi" settled in Montepulciano, building their landmark palazzo in the late 16th century. These days, experimental (circular!) vineyards and blends of international varieties are their hallmarks.
Write Your Own Review