Badia a Coltibuono
- Vin Santo 2008
- Trebbiano, Malvasia
- Italy > Tuscany
- White, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- A foolproof pairing with not-too-sweet Italian desserts.
- Serve with mascarpone and peaches,
- panna cotta, zabaglione or cannoli.
- And yes, you may certainly dunk your biscotti, too.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, cedar, dried fruit, floral
Mouth: Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, apricot, nutty, toffee
- A Tuscan original, Vin Santo is made from Trebbiano, Malvasia and occasionally Grechetto, which are dried from three to six months, a process called appasimento. Their delectable sweetness a function of not only the ripeness of grapes, but also the length of time they were dried. Its deep amber hue a result of at least six years maturation. Molto delizioso!
Write Your Own Review