- Pinot Noir Hazel Grace Selection 2008
- Pinot Noir
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- Match balanced, bottle-aged Pinot Noirs with roasted meats and long-simmered dishes.
- Perfect with sautéed lamb chops
- or a wild mushroom cassoulet.
- Fast friends with both squab and duck too.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, cinnamon, floral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, raspberry, cranberry
- Pre-law in the mid-70's, a year abroad in Burgundy shifted the career focus for Jim Clendenen, the "mind behind" Au Bon Climat and one of the leading winemakers in not only the Santa Barbara style, but in the Cal-Ital sub-sect and this, his high-toned, warm, complex yet accessible Cote de Beaune-styled, certified organic Pinot Noir from the Mendelsohn family's famed Lala Panzi Estate.
Write Your Own Review