- Calabrone Rosso 2009
- Refosco, Schiopettino, Pignolo, Merlot
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Icon wines deserve pampering, it's in their contract.
- Pair with lusciously braised short ribs and gorgonzola polenta,
- roasted veal chops in a morel sauce
- or chunks of aged Asiago with dried figs.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, coffee, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, prune, chocolate
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review