- Friulano Adriatico 2011
- Friulano (Tocai)
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Serve crisp, aromatic whites as aperitif or with fish and lighter fare.
- Try frico with asparagus tips and quail eggs,
- grilled prawns with lemon garlic butter
- or an herb-infused, whole roasted branzino.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, mineral, nutty, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, apricot, pear, almond
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review