- Malvasia Adriatico 2012
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match exotically spiced, floral whites with tangy seafood and flavorful vegetable dishes.
- Try crab cakes with avocado and peach salsa,
- a spinach and goat cheese tart
- or a citrusy scallop ceviche.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, quince, peach, melon
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review