- Pinot Grigio Adriatico 2012
- Pinot Gigio
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Light-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Match well-rounded Pinot Grigios with firm-fleshed fish, seasonal greens and mild cheeses.
- Pair with Friulian faves like Scampi alla Busara,
- a spinach, leek and basil frittata
- or filets of roasted grouper.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, green apple, mineral
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, lemon, green apple, melon
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review