- Plus 2008
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match an intensely rich and aromatic Friulano with flavorful fish preparations and salty treats.
- Serve with applewood smoked rainbow trout,
- Szechuan double-cooked pork
- or a wedge of fragrant Taleggio.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, mineral, smoky, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, long finish, apricot, almond, honey
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review