- Ribolla Gialla Adriatico 2011
- Ribolla Gialla
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Crisp
- Pair a floral and nutty Ribolla with everything from fresh seafood to cured meats.
- Ideal with an antipasti of speck, prosciutto and pecorino,
- grilled prawns and calamari
- or risotto alla zucca.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate intensity, medium finish, apricot, green apple, almond
- Founded in 1997 by restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Babbo, Otto) and his mother Lidia (Felidia, PBS), with wines by Emilio del Medico, the Bastianich Winery offers a comprehensive view of the styles and indigenous grapes of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and the Colli Orientali, right down to naming some of their wines after the bees and wasps that gorge on the sun-ripened fruit. Quite the buzz, no?
Write Your Own Review